Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Holy Moly! where is the year gettin' too??

yes I know, I been slack, and thank you all for the emails making sure I hadn't fallen off the perch.. been a bit 'down' lately, and thought it wouldn't make for good reading! But I am on the UP now, so thank sfor the emails!

Readers of the blog might remember I have had a horrid couple of months, well the cherry on the top is that I lost my &^%$#% job, finished up yesterday.. I am now down to working 2 hours a week for a friend 'doing' her books.. have a days work lined up for later in the month doing the books for a newsagency on a regular basis.. so not all is crappy..

what have I been up to ? well as quilting is therapy, I thought I'd share some very dodgy pics of what the ol' Lissapoo has been up to the past three , crap, 4 weeks since my last post! The 'darlings' and I use the term very loosely, have been a-fiddling with my camera and for some reason the flash wont work.. grrrr @ kids..
These are the hearts that a couple of my internet quilting groups have been sending me they are called 'healing hearts' and I never knew how much they meant to a person, until I started receiving them.. I have been making 9 patch blocks as leader/enders for a while now, so they work with the hearts, the quilt will be a great size when finished.These are all the 1930's blocks I have received. I am making dad a quilt as well..







I also have been working on my 'crazy mom' quiltalong blocks, I am actually finished those, and not sure how to lay them out, but it sure is fun 'auditioning' layouts..









I thought I'd also post a pic of my Carolina Crossroads Quilt top.. I am saving up to get the darn thing quilted, having no job sucks, but I'll get there! :O)
















I also finished, well sorta kinda finished (just have the centre doo dad to sort out) my christmas tree skirt.. Now I'll admit, that maybe 4 or 5 chrissy's have passed since I started this, it was a Round Robin called "Lissa's Chrissy Tree Skirt RR" and I am probably right in saying it, that Lissa was the last to finish it.. I cut one petal thingy too short, so I gotta sort that out, but it looks great.. the cat loves it too.. grr @ Cat.. I'll finish it in the next couple of weeks and hopefully I'll put it somewhere safe until christmas.. haha.. I'll probably 'file it' and bloody loose the thing, knowing my luck at the moment!




And now for the last update on the 'nonbabynowlissa quilt'.. I added a couple of extra blocks, have a scrappy border planned, the kids have asked I make this one snuggly, so I am going to put flannel on the back, the kids love flannel quilts and so does Cosmo, aka the cat of questionable parentage (the bastard cat)..

I think thats all I been up to lately??? enough anyways! Oh I added about 200 hexagons to my Grandma's flower garden quilt, its getting there very s.l.o.w.l.y...



Quilty Huggers

Lissa

12 comments:

Lynette Anderson said...

Love your Carolina Crossroads quilt, I have seen a few on various sites but I love the colours on yours best (even without the flash). Now I have to resist making one myself!
Good luck with finding another job.

Anita said...

Glad to hear you are on the UP Lissa!! You do lovely work.

Jodie said...

hey Lissa- so glad you are on the up ! Upping can be hard when so many downers keep happening to you.
You are, however definatly on the up with all those quilts - you do sleep don't you?

dottycookie said...

Sorry to hear things have been so rotten recently. Your quilty goodness is very pretty though - and the hearts are gorgeous.

Cath Ü said...

Hey hope that flash gets fixed soon... I love looking at the colours you put together in your quilts.....

Cath Ü

Lindi said...

Love your quilts Lissa!
Thanks for the pass it on gifts. I love them, too. I've used the bag heaps. It's so great, I'm going to make some for DD and her bridesmaids out of their dress fabrics, to carry stuff for the wedding.

jennywren said...

Love what you have been doing Lissa. Glad to see you still have a sense of humour!!!!!
Jenny F

Karen Mallory said...

Great quilts and tops Lissa! Nothin' like stitchin' to forget one's troubles. hugs Karen

Trudi said...

You have been very busy stitching away! The quilts look lovely, good luck fixing your camera, my Mum somehow turned her flash off and has figured it out now. My fingers are crossed that you find some work soon, something quilty maybe?

Locket Pocket said...

great to have you back lissa! it was soooooo quiet without you! ;o)

Anonymous said...

You have had your hands full... very productive quilting-wise though. Keep your chin up, and your quilts are lovely. I adore 30's fabrics.

Amanda Jean said...

I love your works in progress. that top one has really caught my eye. I like how the colors gradually change on the horizontal rather than the vertical (which would be my tendency). your quilt a long is great, too.