Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Not Crazy.... My mother had me tested...

Anyone else out there LOVE the Big Bang Theory??? It's essential viewing in Casa de Lissa...


I just love that show and Sheldon on it, he is too darn funny.. My favourite line he says is "I am not crazy, my mother had me tested!'... and Bazinga! is a word that has entered Casa de Lissa's dictionary! We have bought Seasons 1&2 on DVD and the kids have watched it sooo many times..


Just had to share with you petals I got LOTS of happy mail today...


Happy Mail = SQUISHY MAIL!!!
I got four, yes FOUR parcels....





Two from the US - apple core stamp & Klojses (bad spellink there) and two ink pads.. I am going to hand piece these two quilts and cannot be bothered tracing around templates blah blah blah, too boring and life is too darn short.. so I got the Cindy Blackenberg templates from Pappy's Quilting...

The fabric on the left come from Quilt Fabric Closeouts, I am embaressed to say how much this fabric cost, there is 11 x .5 yards and one yard of another 6.5 yards for under $30 US I beleive (Plus postage very much a bargain for australia)

the stuffs at the front, well let me say.. I am bloomin confused.. I am in a Retreat Angel / Mortal Swap.. the angel sends to the mortal and at retreat all is revealed.. today I got a parcel from Victoria and one from New Zealand.. am I confused? Um yes! first parcel I got come from South Australia! either my angel is a get about or is super sneaky, I am going with super sneaky... I got Breast Cancer Scissors, they are Fiskars which are fantastic scissors.. I got two FQ's of red, I am trying to get reds/pinks for a project and the other parcel I got a 'Muffin' which 40 x charm squares, a fridge magnet and a very cute notepad! Am I spoiled or what??? Of course I deserve to be spoiled...


its four flippin weeks to my birthday, I could just be having a birthday with a ZERO in it... hmmm lets just say its before 5 but after 3...

Knee is sore as all get out, but I am sure I'll survive.. beast of a GP didn't give me a cortisone needle yesterday but some more pain killers! I dislocated my knee again on Saturday, but I am sure I'll survive to whinge another day!

Well now that you possums have got over the shock of me posting twice in the same week, let alone same month/trimester I am going to head off and play with fabric!!!!

Lissa

12 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

I LOVE the Big Bang Theory! We have a group here at work that recaps every Tuesday morning -- it's pretty funny! Sheldon is definitely the fan favorite -- he's an amazing actor the way he sucks us all in. My fav is Paper Rock Scissors Lizard Spock! Great packages, you lucky petal!!!

Laura said...

I love squishy mail! I got some yesterday too :-). Enjoy all of your new goodies.

Shay said...

Yes Lissa...what the f*** is going on with two posts in a week...

Just how many drugs did you take?

Actually it's really nice to see you more often!

Vicki W said...

I pretty much plan my week around Big Bang Theory! I've finally found a replacement for Seinfeld. The writing is brilliant.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your so funny!!! I love Sheldon too. That is a funny line he used. I may have to use it too.
My birthday is right after you. And I am what comes right after 4 and before 6. YIKES. I better be getting some good fabric gifties is all I can say. Hubby has been warned.

Bernadette said...

Agree with quilting in pyjamas!!
btw you say I am mad and you are starting another 2 projects...

Cathi said...

Squishy mail is the best mail! It's nice to hear from you more often!

Stephanie said...

Boy I love that squishy mail too, Lissa. I got a lovely parcel this week from the UK full of variegated Perle cotton threads. Just divine for my current stitching project.

Anonymous said...

I too LURVE Big Bang Theory and Sheldon is hysterical...
What a great squishy mail day...love the fabric and yes, you have been spoilt by your super sneaky Angel (really must work out how Squilters operates instead of just reading the digests!) but hey, we all deserve a little spoiling now and then...
Hope your poor old knee is behaving itself better this week.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Adore the big bang theory here! We are watching all the oldies on Go! Love that Leonard's got the girl!! Now it gets to be knock knock, Leonard penny, not just knock knock Leonard!
Big birthday coming up...it's really quite good fun, I spen d a lot of time saying.."I'm 40, I don't care anymore!!"
Cheers, Tracey

Anonymous said...

I too love TBBT - love Penny (Knock, knock, knock), Penny (knock, knock, knock), Penny (knock, knock, knock).

Also love the Soft Kitty song...

Those stamps look interesting, would love to get some feedback on how they work

Ramona said...

Wasn't too sure about the Big Bang,
BUT..... convinced us to give it a couple of weeks.........its too hilarious!! Sheldon???? LOOOOOVE him.!!

Have fun at the retreat, have a bubbly for moi!!

xxx Ramona