Thursday, January 03, 2008

Nothing for days, and then three in one day??


I know, I know.. but I am finally on the mend, and thought I'd share a pic of some blocks I am working on.. It is a free BOM through "Claudia's Quilt Shop" (link to it on the left there.. I am doing it in the civil war repros, and I have always wanted to do a red quilt, dunno how it will turn out, but so far so good..

Of course, whilst I was laying it out the bastard darling puss puss had to come and roll in the middle of it, but all was saved and I had Miss Lara quickly take a pic..

Now me being me, I stuffed up.. DOH DOH DOUBLE DOH!! I made TOO many of a couple of the blocks, I mean, I have so much time to spare, I make 5 extra blocks.. so I thought I'll keep making an extra one here and there, and hopefully I'll have enough for a couple of cushions to match.. If the Beast (aka the Monster who lives here who is also known as 'ginger jesus' cause of his long red hair) likes it, he can have it.. somehow I think I'll be getting a new quilt! LOL he asked me to make him a black quilt.. just black, maybe with some skating stuff on it??? I said um no..



Lissapoo

14 comments:

KA said...

My god woman! You are amazing! I take my hat off to you. This quilt is just gorgoues!

Locket Pocket said...

that quilt is going to be gorgeous! love it! lucy x

Lina said...

Love the colours on this one.

Jodie said...

Lissa, you are on blogging fire.
What is it with the whole black thing??? I had to fight not to have black walls during the painting...a black quilt???

Lissa Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danetta said...

I think it is just beautiful. Can't wait to see how it finishes up.

Marcia said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the red. Maybe you could make some throw pillows with those extra blocks. They are truly wonderful.

Vickie said...

Lissa , I love the colours in that -so warm and comfy looking,you sure are on a roll ,great to see,
cheers Vickie

Nola said...

Oh my son asked for a black quilt too, some years ago. Strangely enough, my answer was the same as yours!


Love the quilt!

Sweet P said...

Wow! I love your quilt so far. It's gorgeous.

dottycookie said...

Lovely lovely quilt.

But I had to laught at the black quilt thing - I would have loved a black quilt when I was a teenager. All my clothes were black, and my hair, and my make up ... I even had black pyjamas!

Funny how fashions come round again :-)

Raggedy Rambles said...

Love this quilt Lissa, and love the fabrics you've used. Keep posting photos of it.
My DS wanted a red and black drunkard's path quilt. I'll make it for him one day as an exercise in curved piecing.

Khris said...

I told you that if Darcey didnt want it to send it to me...lol. Love all the quilting you are doing. Well done girl..hugs, Khris

Lynette Anderson said...

Reds and creamy tans have to be my favourite combination. Look forward to seeing this quilt finished.
Would you like to link with my blog?