Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dad Update

I made a quilt to stitch while waiting at the hospital with dad yesterday and didn't stitch an inch...

Dads op well, it went OK.. but dad isn't doing so good.. blood pressure is extremely low and his oxygen levels (he is on oxygen btw) was under 85% they think he might have to go up to ICU, so I'll ring them today before I go up... they were talking about giving him another blood transfusion..

My DH dropped me at the hospital as my brother was visiting thought we'd save petrol (dags was on his way to work).. sat with dad and said 'wheres christopher?'

Dad said 'he either went for dinner or he is in emergency'...

my brother had chest pains, he is 35... so visiting time was nearly finished with dad, and he was very out of it, so the I told the nurse I was off to find my brother in emergency... they were supposed to ring me last night to let me know how dad was but they didn't have time..

toddled off to emergency and here is my brother hooked up to machines.. I had to come home, I'd left the kids home alone for my quick visit to dad, but when I left Christopher they didn't think it was his heart.. but wouldn't let him home so I had to get a taxi home (glad I saved on petrol, I needed it to pay for the taxi!!)

I swear the men in my family are trying to kill me through stress.. if I wasn't already so grey, I'd be white! I guess in a small way they are considerate, as they were in the same hospital!

School holidays in Newcastle start today, kids are home & no before/after school running around, so this morning, I am not doing housework, I am not answering the phone.. I am going to sew.. that always cheers me up!

I think I'll drag out the Bendigo Behemouth Siggy quilt to work on.. either that or go and rock in the corner!


have a wonderful weekend petals!



Lissa

11 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I sure do hope things turn around for you. I've been there. When I was pregnant with our daughter I ran into complications. Admitted to hospital, my sister and mother were in a car accident causing my dad to have both his daughters, and wife in the hospital at the same time. Fortunately, we were at the same hospital and they were seen and released. My sister looked like HELL and was so fearful of coming up to see me for fear of stressing me of undue stress. To this day they have never figured out what put me in hospital in the first place... WEIRD.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a day! I hope everything goes well for you.

Jodie said...

Oh dear.... I hope everything is alright with your brother and your dad...

Hugs,
Jodie

Locket Pocket said...

Oh crumbs Lissa - I really hope things get better and you don't have to sit rocking in the corner! Your poor dad and brother and poor, poor you! Hope the sewing calms you down. Sending lots of love and hugs. Lucy xx

rachelmp said...

Oh Lissa, what a stressful day... I hope it all turns around very quickly for you and you have time to do that stitching. Our kids in Ballarat went back to school this week. x Rachel

Claudia said...

All teh best for you and your familly and a firm believe that everything will be ok.

Anonymous said...

I’m praying for recovery and good health for both of your considerate men, and also for you. I’m glad to see you still have your sense of humor.

Birdydownunder said...

men and they reckon we are the weaker ones. lol.. hugs and hope all goes well

dutchcomfort said...

I hope everything will be OK witt both your dad and your brother. Take care!

dottycookie said...

Argh, that does sound terribly sterssful. I hope your father and brother are doing much better now. No one needs to have too many days like that!

Gina said...

I'm sorry you're having a stressful time of it. I think that's what men were put on this earth for, to cause us stress.
I'll be keeping your dad and brother in my thoughts

love and hugs xxx